Welcome to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Drabble Community. We love the phenomenon so much that we have to write drabbles about it. This is your moderator, leaper182, speaking. The rules are very simple, so just listen up.
1. No flames. They're annoying.
2. This is an anything-friendly community. Slash, het, gen, we take all kinds here. If you don't like slash or het or whatever, don't read the fic, then.
3. Drabbles are fics that are exactly 100 words long. No more, no less. There's a five word leeway, but on the whole, try to get it as close to 100 words as you can. You'd be surprised how much you can shave off when under the gun.
4. Challenges will be posted on a specific day of the week, though I haven't decided yet. They will either run for a one-week or two-week time period, and then the challenge is over. Every once in a while, we'll have what's known as a remainder period where people can post fics that they missed posting when the challenge was made.
5. R/NC-17 drabbles go under a cut tag. Some people aren't in the mood to be scared out of their sex drive by seeing graphic Mr. Prosser/bulldozer fic where they can't avoid it, so be polite and for the love of Christ on a cracker with icing and sprinkles, use a cut tag.
6. Always include a disclaimer stating that the characters you didn't come up with aren't yours. Please?
7. Mini-Series vs. Movie (aka Monkey vs. Robot). Try to be polite if you don't like one medium over another. Noting that it's TV-slash or Movie-slash would be most helpful, if not exactly mandatory.